POM 2: Medline Refresher
The Library is conducting a required 2‐hour session to refresh and enhance your Medline (PubMed) searching skills. The lab will provide hands‐on experience with searching techniques that will be necessary to survive the second year of medical school and beyond.
Please note: This is NOT a tour of the library building or a repeat of material covered in the POM1 Library Lab.
At the end of the session, students will be able to:
- Understand the scope and content of the Medline database.
- Analyze a search topic and reduce it to its searchable elements.
- Gather search terms appropriate for each searchable element.
- Use search techniques to manipulate PubMed effectively.
- Understand how to connect to avaiable full-text.
• Online Testing Center (Room 238), 2nd floor Moody Medical Library
- Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- 8:00am - 10:00am
- Online Testing Center (Room 238)
- UTMB Moody Medical Library